In a Trade Announcement posted in the Christian Authors, Booksellers and Publishers facebook group last week (Wednesday 26th October), Eddie Olliffe wrote:
CWR is pleased to inform you that Roger Compton has been appointed as CWR’s UK Retail Merchandiser for dated, seasonal and core titles. As many of you will know, Roger has long-standing experience in sales to the specialist Christian retail sector, having worked for the past 12 years with STL Distribution, latterly Trust Media Distribution.
This is a fixed term appointment, designed to maximise the sales and visibility of our dated and seasonal ranges particularly in the busy autumn period and then beyond to Lent and Easter. Roger will complement the excellent work of our three existing contracted sales reps (from Joining the Dots plus Stewart Anderson) and Roger will work mainly in London, the South-east and the Midlands. I’m sure that many of you will be pleased to see Roger again on the patch!
Earlier in the month, Eddie also posted details of CWR’s growing range of ebooks, now available through Gardners to retailers offering ebook sales via their own sites or taking part in the Hive network; ISBNs added, full list including dated materials available to download:
CWR’s recent range of eBooks is available to trade customers via Gardners Digital Warehouse and Gardlink for Windows. There are five titles (see below) + five dated notes (including Every Day with Jesus) in both Kindle & ePub format.
- One Step Beyond (Gram Seed, 9781853455896)
- What to Say When People Need Help (Selwyn Hughes, 9781853456640)
- God’s Questions (Phil Greenslade, 9781853456190)
- Leadership (Phil Greenslade, 9781853455902)
- Coached by Christ (Andy Peck, 9781853455919)
CWR are not the only Christian publisher getting up to speed on the ebooks front, of course: Darton, Longman & Todd have a good selection available in Amazon Kindle and Apple iBook format; and SPCK have a growing range, conveniently showcased for the rest of us by Keith Jones, who are undoubtedly leading the way as a Christian ebook retailer, with regular updates posted via twitter:
If you’re serious about keeping up to speed with digital developments, make sure you’ve read Bendicte Page’s Bookseller report, 7/10/2011, Christian publishers turn to apps in market squeeze and
- Thanks to Steve Mitchell for pointing me in the direction of Wesley Owen’s impressive range of 7.5k ebooks, wesleyowen.com/ebooks, alongside their own dedicated app and helpful Device Advice page.
- Follow @WesleyOwenUK
- Hot Off the [Online] Press today: Charlotte Williams at the Bookseller reports: E-book charts published in Wall Street Journal
- Follow @TheBookseller