WHAT BETTER WAY to start the week than a round-up of good news stories? Congratulations to all involved as Aslan Christian Books take on a fourth location, Bristol Cathedral Shop; to Andrew Franks, founder of Cornerstone Christian Bookshop, North Finchley, as his CRT 2013 Long Service Award makes local headlines; and to Christian Solutions, St Helier, as they celebrate the shop’s 40th anniversary:
- Aslan Christian Books take over Bristol Cathedral Shop
- Andrew Franks makes Local Headlines
- Christian Solutions Celebrate 40 Years
Aslan Christian Books take over Bristol Cathedral Shop
ASLAN’S FOURTH LOCATION, Bristol Cathedral Shop, was announced on Friday via the Aslan Books facebook page and takes place in two stages:
- The Aslan team take over the running of the shop today, Monday 3rd June 2013, continuing operations on behalf of Bristol Cathedral Enterprises.
- The shop closes at the end of July for a refit in August to reopen as Aslan Christian Books.
Aslan now have two shops in Bristol, the other being the company’s flagship store at St Stephen’s in the City, opened in July last year. Congratulations in particular to Lydia Ruth Zwozny, who moves from a part-time to a full-time position with the Aslan team as part of this development.
- Blog & Reviews: www.aslanchristianbooks.co.uk
- Online Shop: www.aslanchristianbooks.com — announced 28/5/2013 and pledged “to offer prices lower than the retailer-supplied equivalent from Amazon, giving customers a viable, UK-based alternative”
Andrew Franks makes Local Headlines
CONGRATULATIONS are in order, of course, for all the CRT2013 Award Winners — the full list and photos may be found on the CRT site — but special congratulations must be made to Andrew Franks, founder of Cornerstone Christian Bookshop, North Finchley, whose Long Service Award award has made headlines over the weekend with Local London and the Hendon & Finchley Times:
Christian bookshop owner from North Finchley receives recognition for selling 20,000 Bibles
A religious bookshop owner who claims to have sold more than 20,000 Bibles has been handed an award recognising his contribution to the Christian faith.
Andrew Franks, of Sunny Way, North Finchley, was given a long service award from the Christian Book Trade after decades of promoting the texts in his independent bookshops.
The entrepreneurial businessman first set up his Cornerstone Christian Bookshop in Woodhouse Road, North Finchley, in 1981…
- Also reported in the East London and West Essex Guardian Series: Trade booming for Christian bookseller
Christian Solutions Celebrate 40 Years
LAST BUT BY NO MEANS LEAST: Congratulations to Christian Solutions, St Helier, Jersey, as they celebrate the shop’s 40th Anniversary, a remarkable achievement in an era when so many Christian retailers have ceased trading. Once again the local press, in the shape of This is Jersey/Jersey Evening Post took up the story over the weekend:
Christian bookshop celebrates 40 years
JERSEY’S Christian bookshop is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.
The shop in the Central Market opened for business in 1973 on the site of a former butcher’s shop to fill the gap for Christian literature that then existed in the Island…