This page holds details of past events
(most recent first). Please see the What’s On
page for current/future events.
Stronger Together – Weaker Apart
… is a consultation and presentation day being organised by CRE/CBC in association with the Booksellers Association Christian Booksellers Group (BACBG), the Publishers Association Christian Suppliers Group and Christian Marketplace magazine.
- Tuesday 12 January 2010
- St Paul’s Church, Robert Adam Street, London, W1U 3HW
- 10.30am for 11.00am – including buffet lunch – concluding by 2.00pm
Topics on the agenda include:
- An Introduction to the new ChristianResourcesTogether Partnership
- A Retailers and Suppliers Conference at the High Leigh Conference Centre
- A Retailers Day at the Christian Resources Exhibition at Sandown Park
Personal invitations should be sent out before Christmas: responses are requested no later than Thursday 7th Jan 2010. Contact Steve or Mandy Briars at CRE for more information.
Book Launch: Going Global
Perivale Christian Bookshop is hosting a Book Launch for author Terry Young’s latest book, Going Global.
- When: 7.30pm, Thursday 30th April
- Where: Haven Green Baptist Church, Castlebar Road, Ealing, London W5 2UP
- More Info: Contact Martin Deadman on 020 8998 2933
- Register Online for catering purposes:
Christian Booksellers Convention 2009
- When: 12th – 15th May 2009
- Where: CRE, Sandown Park, Esher
- Theme: Breaking the Mould: Embracing the Challenges of Change
- More Info: creonline.co.uk | cbcltd.co.uk
Thanksgiving Service for 5 Years Trading
Shoemakers Christian Bookshop
in Newbury celebrates 5 years trading on Saturday 17 January 2009
with a thanksgiving service at St Nicolas church at 3pm. Our guest speaker is Lord Carey and we are using the opportunity to thank God and our supporters for our first 5 years of trading!
Children in Need
Unicorn Tree Books & Lincoln Central Market Traders
are dressing up as Cowboys, Bandits & Highway Robbers as we wear our Pudsey Bear Bandana’s to raise money for Children in Need on Friday 14th November 2008
! Come down and join us in the fun and spare a few pence to help pudsey and friends support Children in Need!
Melanie & The Minions will probably be acting even sillier than usual with the Bandana’s in place and costumes on! – though it is doubtful that the minions will be doing any work that day as they intend extorting as much money for as little as possible as usual! Feel free to join in the fun if you are in Lincoln!
Spotlight on the Leprosy Mission
An opportunity to view and purchase goods made by cured leprosy affected people and associated items from their catalogues.
- When: From 9th – 22nd August 2008 inclusive, daily except Tuesdays and Sundays.
- Where: Halleluyah House Christian Gift Centre, 18 Carlyle’s Place, off Port Street, Annan DG12 6BQ
- Contact: Claire, 01461 202283
Independent Booksellers Week
UK Christian Book Awards
Shortlisted titles include Maggie Barfield’s The Big Bible Storybook (£12.99, Scripture Union, ISBN 9781844242280) and R T Kendall, Totally Forgiving Ourselves (£9.99, Hodder & Stoughton, ISBN 9780340943649). The full list may be examined in the UKCBD Amazon aStore.
An Evening with Gram Seed:
One Man’s Journey from Near Death to New Life
Book Signing with Chaplain John Barry Cole
John will be signing copies of his book, From Jags to Riches
- Where: Maranatha Christian Bookshop, 22 Windsor Street, Uxbridge, Middx UB8 1AB
- When: Saturday 19th April 2008, 11am – 2pm
- Contact: Geoff Wallace, Bookshop Manager
- Admission: Free
- More Info: John lived in Uxbridge as a boy and went to St Andrew’s School. He has written his testimony as someone who had lived a self-centered and secular life and then found Jesus who transformed his life. He is now a hospital chaplain who ministers to the terminally ill. He was born and raised in England, and came to the United States at the age of 19. After serving in the United States Army during Vietnam, he used the GI bill and earned a bachelor’s degree in Psychology. He will be visiting Kingsborough Church from the 12th to 19th of April. He says,
I was inspired to write my book when I turned 65 and began reflecting over my life. (Explained in first chapter). I wanted to share my spiritual journey from the time in 1967 when I first turned to the Lord for his help and show how He has intervened in my life many times preparing me for my ministry as a hospice chaplain, and how He will do the same for others if they will surrender their lives to Him. I wrote the book not only for believers but for anyone who is seaching