WITH THE EXCEPTION of Weston-super-Mare and Watford (now trading independently as Life WsM and Storehouse Watford respectively), all remaining branches of Living Oasis ceased trading in August 2011 when parent company Nationwide Christian Trust entered administration: see Nationwide Christian Trust Enters Insolvency (UKCBD News, 4/8/2011) for more information.
EARLY IN 2011 the Living Oasis project began to show signs of foundering, with the branches listed below either closed or closing down during the first half of the year, whilst plans to relocate and expand others as part of a “Phase Two” development — Leeds and Liverpool in particular — have been subject to ongoing delays. Unfortunately, despite repeated requests, the company has yet to provide further details of its plans for further closures and/or developments.
Croydon, noted separately, is an anomaly in that the shop was never opened due to the failure of Living Oasis to secure the lease on the premises.
Updates will be posted here under the Living Oasis tag as and when information emerges: UKCBD entries for all branches are currently under review and should therefore be regarded as provisional. Prospective customers would be wise to call ahead to check store status and opening times before visiting, especially if travelling any significant distance.
- Aberdeen: ceased trading Feb 2011
- Bedford: ceased trading March 2011
- Belfast: ceased trading March 2011
- Edinburgh: ceased trading May 2011
- Harrow: ceased trading March 2011
- Inverness: lease acquired by CLC Feb/Mar 2011
- Nottingham: closing down July 2011
- Southampton: ceased trading March 2011
- Sutton: ceased trading March 2011
- Worthing: closing down July 2011
- Croydon – plans aborted Sept-Dec 2010:
- Croydon Churches Forum: Living Oasis Update, 29 Sept 2010
- Living Oasis: Croydon plans dropped as Online Shop goes live, 13 Nov 2010